I make a range of audio content on a freelance basis. For examples of my work, go here. My formal employment and education history is listed below.
Podcast Consultant, March – July 2018
I worked with the Audio Language Content division of SBS, consulting on podcast best practise for their broadcast operations in 68 different languages.
Fourth Estate 2SER
Executive Producer and host, July 2016 – February 2018
• Coordinate production team to workshop topics, write scripts, seek panellists and host live weekly media affairs show.
• Record in studio, edit audio for podcast and post online.
Senior Associate, July – December 2016
• Develop and implement media, communications and government engagement strategies for a range of clients.
• Create and maintain media contact lists, liaised with media outlets.
• Author articles for clients for publication in news media and copy for social media, newsletters and other content.
• Arrange lobbying events at both state and federal government level
• Manage interns
Storyful News Agency, (Sydney)
Senior Journalist and Training Coordinator, September 2015 – May 2016
As below plus additional duties:
• Edited and fact checked stories for publication to the news wire.
• Trained clients in principles of social media verification.
Storyful News Agency, (Hong Kong)
Journalist, April 2014 – September 2015
• Monitored global breaking news and provided real time updates to clients.
• Located, verified and acquired rights for social media content.
• Curated YouTube Newswire and Facebook Newswire.
South China Morning Post
Reporter, June 2013 – April 2014
• Wrote daily articles and long form features for the Hong Kong, China and Culture desks and Sunday magazine
• Wrote two regular columns in the Sunday magazine
• Published articles and pictures online using the content management system
• Clips: scmp.com/author/olivia-rosenman
HKELD Arts Review Magazine, Hong Kong
Arts Critic, March 2013 – March 2015
• Wrote reviews of performing arts including theatre, music and dance
China Digital Times
Digital Curator, June – September 2013
• Aggregated and curated news. Clips: chinadigitaltimes.net/author/oliviarosenman
Ten News Political Bureau, (Canberra)
Reporter (Intern), December 2012 – January 2013
• Attended press conferences, contributed to reporting and story scripts
Australia Consulate General, (Guangzhou, China)
Senior Decision Maker, February – September 2012
• Assessed visa applications, including interviewing applications in Chinese and English
• Investigated visa fraud
Angel House Rehabilitation Centre (安琪之家), (Nanning, China)
Communications Manager (AusAID Youth Ambassador role), April 2011 – February 2012
• Managed communications team of four people
• Created print and online quarterly newsletter
• Managed email marketing
• Built a website for the organisation
Social Media Manager, 2010
• Managed social media accounts, provided regular blogs and website content.
• Master of Journalism, Hong Kong University, 2013
• Bachelor of Arts (majors: Chinese and Linguistics), The University of Sydney, 2009
• Exchange Student, Shandong University (China), 2008
Awards / Memberships
• Co-Founder, Hacks/Hackers Hong Kong, 2013
Established a local chapter of international journalism organisation. Organised meet-ups, workshops & hackathons journalists and technologists.
• HKU Class of ‘84 Social Inclusion Grant, 2013
Reporting Violence Against Women in Hong Kong & China, 2013
• AusAID Youth Ambassador for Development, China, 2011
• Chinese (Mandarin): proficient
• French: proficient
• Italian: basic