I make a range of audio content on a freelance basis. For examples of my work, go here. My formal employment and education history is listed below.
First Draft News (Sydney)
Senior Reporter, April – June 2019 (contract)
• Established and ran CrossCheck, a collaborative journalism project monitoring the online spread of information around the 2019 Federal Election.
• Recruited and trained student reporters for CrossCheck.
Google Creative Lab (Sydney)
Consultant, March 2018 – May 2019
• Worked on Creative Lab projects exploring ideas at the intersection of culture and technology, with a special focus on language and sound.
• Principal project: My Mother’s Kitchen mymotherskitchen.com.au (use on phone/tablet)
History Lab Podcast (Sydney)
Producer, Feb 2018 – present
• Producer for investigative history podcast from the Australian Centre for Public History at UTS. As producer I have researched, conducted interviews and collected field recordings, written and edited episodes across both seasons: Lindy Chamberlain and the afterlife of evidence and Invisible Hands.
Podcast Consultant, March – July 2018
• Educated producers and management on podcast best practice, advocated for podcast resourcing.
• Worked with language content teams on podcast production.
Fourth Estate 2SER
Executive Producer and host, July 2016 – February 2018
• Coordinate production team to workshop topics, write scripts, seek panellists and host live weekly media affairs show.
• Record in studio, edit audio for podcast and post online.
Senior Associate, July – December 2016
• Develop and implement media, communications and government engagement strategies for a range of clients.
• Create and maintain media contact lists, liaised with media outlets.
• Author articles for clients for publication in news media and copy for social media, newsletters and other content.
• Arrange lobbying events at both state and federal government level
• Manage interns
Storyful News Agency, (Sydney)
Senior Journalist and Training Coordinator, September 2015 – May 2016
As below plus additional duties:
• Edited and fact checked stories for publication to the news wire.
• Trained clients in principles of social media verification.
Storyful News Agency, (Hong Kong)
Journalist, April 2014 – September 2015
• Monitored global breaking news and provided real time updates to clients.
• Located, verified and acquired rights for social media content.
• Curated YouTube Newswire and Facebook Newswire.
South China Morning Post
Reporter, June 2013 – April 2014
• Wrote daily articles and long form features for the Hong Kong, China and Culture desks and Sunday magazine
• Wrote two regular columns in the Sunday magazine
• Published articles and pictures online using the content management system
• Clips: scmp.com/author/olivia-rosenman
HKELD Arts Review Magazine, Hong Kong
Arts Critic, March 2013 – March 2015
• Wrote reviews of performing arts including theatre, music and dance
China Digital Times
Digital Curator, June – September 2013
• Aggregated and curated news. Clips: chinadigitaltimes.net/author/oliviarosenman
Ten News Political Bureau, (Canberra)
Reporter (Intern), December 2012 – January 2013
• Attended press conferences, contributed to reporting and story scripts
Australia Consulate General, (Guangzhou, China)
Senior Decision Maker, February – September 2012
• Assessed visa applications, including interviewing applications in Chinese and English
• Investigated visa fraud
Angel House Rehabilitation Centre (安琪之家), (Nanning, China)
Communications Manager (AusAID Youth Ambassador role), April 2011 – February 2012
• Managed communications team of four people
• Created print and online quarterly newsletter
• Managed email marketing
• Built a website for the organisation
Social Media Manager, 2010
• Managed social media accounts, provided regular blogs and website content.
• Master of Journalism, Hong Kong University, 2013
• Bachelor of Arts (majors: Chinese and Linguistics), The University of Sydney, 2009
• Exchange Student, Shandong University (China), 2008
Awards / Memberships
• Co-Founder, Hacks/Hackers Hong Kong, 2013
Established a local chapter of international journalism organisation. Organised meet-ups, workshops & hackathons journalists and technologists.
• HKU Class of ‘84 Social Inclusion Grant, 2013
Reporting Violence Against Women in Hong Kong & China, 2013
• AusAID Youth Ambassador for Development, China, 2011
• Chinese (Mandarin): proficient
• French: proficient
• Italian: basic